4. tammikuuta 2007

ON MY WAY BACK !

So I've started my journey back to my dear little room in Catalunya.

Oulu was great though. It's the people that make this city, not the technology and cycling roads.
Meet Jussi
-the man who takes
a Lot of pictures.

Our first stop (Mine and me big red suitcase's) is in Turku where I'm currently babysitting my brother's two little princes. From here we'll head East to enjoy the company of one more prince and princess (my sister's), finally see my sister after some four months plus brush up my swedish with my bro-in-law. (It's about time.) We'll see how much of a mess my head is with all the catalan-spanish input.

On the 9th it's time to fly across Europe to Barcelona from Helsinki. They say it's +16 there now. I hope they are right.

Our New Year celebrations
were calm
but veRy niCe
with near
and dear friends.
Here all five of us,
2 minutes into 2007.
Mikko, Katariina, Jenni,
Vuokko & me.


...
My sangria was a success
and so was everything else.
And there was a lot of it too:
marinated mushrooms,
fuet,
prawns with 'serrano' and stuff,
manchego,
Catalan goat's cheese,
and so on.
Oh and patatas bravas
which weren't ANYTHING like
Patatas Bravas.
I blame the internet for the bad recipe.

A few stupiiiiiid things I've done recently
(my luck seems to have turned!) :
-First forgot my Finnish SIM-card on my table in Cerdanyola.
Got it back now though, (thank you Christian!)
-Then LOST my Spanish SIM-card in Finland.
(So people in Catalunya, don't use that number anymore, it's no use.)
-Then lost (?) my Finnish student card so I had to pay full price on the train from Oulu to Turku instead of getting a 50% reduction on the ticket. (hmm.. only over 60 Euros.)

So now I'm waiting for the wind to turn:
maybe it will have some effect on me
as it did on my name-sake Mary Poppins
(Maija Poppanen in Finnish you see).

If you have no idea what I'm blabbering about, just ignore that last bit.


Besitos,
pusuja,
form Turku,
the ancient capital of Finland.
(any comments to this definition, anyone? :P)

Ei kommentteja: